Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10077/19852
Title: Pergamena originale della dedicazione della chiesa in Burgo Lauri
Authors: Colombo, Franco
Keywords: muglacastrum muglaeLauroChiesa di S. Maria di Muggia VecchiaChiesa dei SS. Giovanni e PaoloarchiviopergamenaStile della NativitàChurch of Saint Mary in Muggia VecchiaChurch of Saints John and PaularchiveparchmentStyle of Nativity
Issue Date: 2014
Publisher: EUT Edizioni Università di Trieste
Source: Franco Colombo, “Pergamena originale della dedicazione della chiesa in Burgo Lauri” in: “Antichità Altoadriatiche LXXX (2014). Muggia e il suo Duomo a 750 anni dalla fondazione”, EUT Edizioni Università di Trieste, Trieste, 2014, pp. 81-116
Journal: Antichità Altoadriatiche 
Abstract: 
In this paper the Author illustrates the development of Mugla in the XIIIth century. When its territory was ceded to the Patriarch of Aquileia (931 a.C), Mugla constituted together with its "twin" Castrum Muglae (Muggia Vecchia) a hamlet on the sea. But in the XIIIth century, by moving the mouth of the torrent Fugnan, the village was extended with the addition of two new neighborhoods to the previous two locations on the hills of Candia and Grisa; Mugla was then enclosed by a wall with four gates, and its ancient church, dedicated to Saints John and Paul, was enlarged. A more rigorous examination of the originai document, considering the chronology in use at the time, allows to antedate the consecration of the church - future Cathedral - by one year, from 1263 to 1262. The publication in criticai edition of this parchment offers the opportunity to read other unreleased documents of the XIIIth and early XIVth centuries

Si esamina lo sviluppo nel Duecento di Mugla che aveva costituito, con la sua "gemella" Castrum Muglae (Muggia Vecchia), il borgo a mare nell'epoca precedente, che vide il territorio ceduto nel 931 al Patriarca d'Aquileia. In quest'epoca il borgo aggiunge ai due quartieri collinari di Candia e Grisa due nuovi quartieri ottenuti con lo spostamento della foce del torrente Fugnan, si recinge di mura con quattro porte ed amplia l'antica chiesa dei santi Giovanni e Paolo. Una migliore lettura del documento originale con rispetto 115 FRANCO COLOMBO della cronologia allora vigente permette poi di retrocedere di un anno la consacrazione della chiesa, futuro Duomo, dal 1263 al 1262. Con la pubblicazione, in edizione critica, di questa pergamena, si danno i testi inediti di altri documenti del Duecento e dell'inizio del Trecento.
Type: Article
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10077/19852
Appears in Collections:80 - Antichità Altoadriatiche LXXX (2014)

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat Existing users please Login
04-Colombo_81-116.pdf5.28 MBAdobe PDF    Request a copy
Show full item record


CORE Recommender

Page view(s)

43
checked on Oct 26, 2020

Download(s)

150
checked on Oct 26, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.